Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dancing flowergirls

Pictures deleted due to Trolls.

Here's Angus and Youngest dancing together at a friend's wedding. All three of the girls were flowergirls but Oldest was too shy to dance. Angus and Youngest spent the whole night dancing together, at times they were the only ones on the dance floor! I would have joined them but I wore stupid shoes that are pretty and painful and by this point I was barely hobbling. That's Angus dipping Youngest. As you can see they had a great time.

Youngest is friend's with the ringbearer, an adorable little boy from her school. She announced during the rehearsal dinner that the ringbearer was her boyfriend. However, there was another little girl there, who was not a flowergirl, but was at dinner. Apparently this little girl declared that the ringbearer was her boyfriend, and shoved Youngest away. Youngest came crying over to me. The first lesson I tried to instill in her was to never cry over a boy.

"Yeah cause they are poopoo heads!" Angus chimes in.

"And they stink!" Oldest says.

"Yeah, poopoo heads!" Youngest says gleefully, her tears all dried up. She thinks for a minute and says, "Poor Mommy, she has to sleep with a stinky boy everynight. I know! Mommy you should sleep with us everynight instead and let Daddy sleep by himself!"

"But Daddy's not a stinky boy is he?" I ask.

"Well," Youngest says, "He's not bad. He's just a little stinky. But we still love him."

"Yeah!" Angus shouts. "Even if he is a stinky boy!"


30 comments:

moonrat said...

oh my god. so cute.

Lisa said...

These pictures just about brought me to tears. How short these years truly are and how amazing the moments.

Amy MacKinnon said...

I adore your children. You are one lucky woman.

JaneyV said...

They are the cutest, most gorgeous little flower girls since … well mine actually. Daughter was flower girl at her godmother's wedding. She also fell for the ring bearer (who had the but misfortune of being called Frodo all day) luckily there was no competition. And he was a cutie too! The wedding was in Virginia so poor daughter was so jet-lagged that she slept through the reception and missed all the dancing. Your girls are pretty snazzy movers!

Carrie Harris said...

Adorable. Those stinky boys better watch out!

Erica Orloff said...

They are utterly beautiful.

Just perfect and precious. :-) This post made me smile.

E

Precie said...

awwwwwwwwwww! :)

Bernita said...

Adorable.

Anonymous said...

So very cute. My daughter is going to be a flower girl in my sister's wedding next year. She's been "practicing".

Boys are stinky? That has been my experience as well. You do not want to breathe in a hockey locker room.

Melissa Amateis said...

How completely adorable! And yes, never cry over boys. Good advice. :-)

Jacqui said...

I love that your advice was for the girls to band together and not cry over boys!

And they are precious.

Blogless Troll said...

Adorable kids.

Sarah Hina said...

I hope the lesson sticks. (I almost wrote stinks).

Beautiful, beautiful girls, Ello. Like you didn't already know that. :)

Charles Gramlich said...

Poor daddy.

cindy said...

i love their dresses! and i love that they danced the night away!! =D

Stuart Neville said...

Your man may be stinky, and possibly even a poo poo head, but he's very lucky!

Larramie said...

Those two lovely little girls would/could never say "stinky boy!" ;)

The Anti-Wife said...

Cute to the nth degree!

Steve Malley said...

You've got such a deft touch with humor! Thanks so much!!

Anonymous said...

Love Angus's expression in that last pic. She is definitely a chip off the Ello block.

Spy Scribbler said...

Such pretties! :-) They look like they're having fun.

Chris Eldin said...

Sweeties!!! They are too adorable!!!

Mom In Scrubs said...

Watching your children dance together is one of the most fantastic experiences! At weddings, I just sit and stare at mine...trying to burn the moment into my brain.

Gorgeous girls. Well done! Even if the stinky boy had a hand in it...

Lana Gramlich said...

This is all very funny & sweet, but at what points of the evening did they fart, or point out other peoples' farts, or just start talking about farting, in general? ;)

laughingwolf said...

my three, 2 are girls, never said i was a stinky boy... and we all slept on my queen bed [when they were still small] after the ex and i split

glad your girls had fun dancing :)

Patti said...

little girls in wedding attire = omg so cute!

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Thanks everyone! I particularly love Angus' expression - it really gives you an idea of just how mischievous and funny the kid is!

Kimbra Kasch said...

They are the cutest! My daughter used to cry when I put her in a dress. Now, she plays college basketball.

And stinky boys - I have four in my house right now, 2 sons, my husband and my brother!

Unknown said...

Out of the mouths of babes. Now what is mom going to do about sleeping with stinky dad?

Colleen_Katana said...

Ohhhh, the cuteness! Unfortunately, not much changes as you get older...boys are still stinky and girls (even those girls who claim to be your friend) will still push you out of the way to get to them!