Saturday, September 20, 2008

New blog title

You guys are so funny! I was cracking up over some of these suggestions. I really liked Ello's World but it is too close to Elmo's World and I wouldn't want a typing error sending little kids looking for the little red monster and finding an angry piggy instead. You Had Me At Ello was really looking good for a while until Precie pointed out that it looked like You had Meat Ello - which either made me a serious carnivore (which I am) or had an altogether separate reference which I shall scrupulously avoid - after all, I am trying to clean up my act here.

Lots of Beatles references were all shot down by Lana who hates the Beatles (gasp!) and Ello There was countered with Ello Here which cancelled them both out. Ello Me Pretties cracked me up but I think if I titled my blog with that, I'd have to change my piggy into a parrot. Elloicious and Ellos Bellows were very cute and I loved Ellocution - except it was a little too close to Execution. Ello Kitty is great but I may have copyright issues and To Ell-en Back is Too Clever and funny but a little to Ellish!

So after waffling like a weak minded politician for an hour, I have decided to change this blog title to Hello Ello because it is simple (possibly boring) but not at all controversial in any way. However, I was looking into the issue of changing the url on the blog and it seems like it is more trouble than it is worth so the blog url will stay randomactsofunkindness.blogspot.com and the blog title will be Hello Ello, thanks Cindy for pointing this out to me!

In the next couple of days I will post some interesting new stuff about my book and related information that you may or may not find fascinating - and I will explain why the new blog look also. So watch out for some interesting stuff.

And since I used my own title, I shall now go and buy something very expensive and sparkly with Da Man's credit card while he is on his all day man bonding fishing trip extravaganza.

16 comments:

preTzel said...

Ello - You can change your blog title very easily.

Buy the domain for $10/year from blogspot and it could possible changed to HelloEllo.net/.com. That's what I did with mine. The URL that is there now will stay that way for about 10 days or so and then others will automatically be re - routed.

I love the new name and can't wait to read about your book! For that matter, I can't wait to READ your book!

Lana Gramlich said...

Congrats on the switch. Alternately (to prezel's suggestion,) you could start another blog with that address & just leave a link here.
Also...Yay! No Beatle trash!

JaneyV said...

I'm totally techno-moronic so I have no advice to offer but I really like Hello Ello. 'Scatchy!

Anonymous said...

And Mello Ello is sort of misleading, since I love all things about you but "mellow" you're not.

Post pictures of your pretty sparklies!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the new title and the photo of the flowers is just gorgeous.

(FYI - I do find the background of the main body of the page a bit dark, which makes the blog text a little difficult to read. Hope you don't mind me mentioning it, just in case you are looking for any more feedback, if not, please disregard.)

Can't wait to hear more about your book and your sparkly present!

- Tinamarie

Kimbra Kasch said...

Hello Ello - love it. And you could never be boring! Blogging brainiac - you are one in a million.

And I can't wait to hear more about your book. I'm sooo excited. . . and I just can't hide it. . . okay - I'm a dork :)

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Thanks everyone! I will post something related to my book on Monday! Hopefully you will all find it fascinating!

Tinamarie - thanks so much for your note! I changed the text font size and color so I hope it is more readable now. Please let me know if it is better! Thanks again!

Kimbra Kasch said...

Tag, You're It. A game to play, if you want, post your answers on your blog. You can read mine on my blog tomorrow.

Charles Gramlich said...

I like. Nice and simple but catchy.

Lisa said...

Very nice! Since you're entering into the realm of book promotion now, will you be revealing a real name? Not that Ello wouldn't be a cool pseudonym, like Madonna or Cher or Bono or something...

Unknown said...

Hello Ello, how are you?

Yep, good title! All's looking good now get posting about the book etc because we're all ears - I mean, eyes!
:-)

Hope you bought something seriously expensive on Da Man's card!

Spy Scribbler said...

Ello, how beautiful is this design?! Wow! Love it. And "Hello Ello" is a great title.

Love the changes! And I agree, it's easy enough to change your title. Even get a new blogger address for free!

Steve Malley said...

Fishing sounds expensive at your house!

The Anti-Wife said...

Works for me! Hello Ello!

writtenwyrdd said...

Glad you came to a decision. Ello Out There or Ello There would have been my suggestions.

laughingwolf said...

hello ello IS neat!

so is the new look :)