Saturday, May 17, 2008

Aerin got me

With another meme. This one is of various things so here goes.

A Meme about Various Things

What were you doing ten years ago?

I'm supposed to remember 10 years ago? I can't remember what I had for dinner last night. Sometimes I can't remember if I closed my freaking garage door as I turn the corner from my house!! I've been known to pull out a diet coke, open it, take a sip. Then go back to the fridge and pull out another diet coke and open it before realizing I already had one! 10 years ago? Sheesh, let me go ask the Troll.

Ok apparently 10 years ago, I had left public broadcasting to join the production side of National Wildlife Federation. My friends were all laughing because my idea of protecting animals is to keep them as far away from me as possible. And my idea of loving nature is buying an Ansel Adams calendar. I don't like zoos. They depress me. And the smell, OMG! Between the farm and the zoo I find myself half gagging on my own vomit.

What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

1. Work on WIP
2. Answer whiny emails from students asking for reconsideration of their grades. HA HA, No.
3. Laundry. I am the Queen of the Neverending dirty laundry. It is the bottomless pit of dirty laundry. I hate laundry. I hate folding laundry. Why can't they build a machine so that when clothes are dry in the dryer, they come out already folded? I would pay big money for that.
4. Nag the Troll about his list of neverending things he has been procrasting on forever. He steam vacced half the rugs last night. I might give him an extra pillow for the floor, where he shall continue to sleep for the time being, if he finishes it up.
5. Keep working on WIP - seriously, I am getting close and it feels so good.


What are some snacks you enjoy?

- Chocolate
- kettle corn
- ice cream
- chocolate
- mangos
- potato chips
- chocolate
- pistachios, sunflower seeds with dried cranberries
- chocolate
- blue doritos
- coffee cake
- chocolate
- apple tart (only the one I make cause I make the best apple tart)
- chocolate

What would you do if you were a billionaire?

First I would fill my very large bathtub with dollar bills and I would bathe myself in money.

Next I would go buy myself that big ass diamond I have been waiting nearly 15 years for already.

Then I would hire a great chef and a personal shopper so that I never need to cook or shop ever again.

Then I would buy a Barnes and Nobles franchise so that I can have every book I ever want whenever I want it forever and ever.

Then I woud hide all the rest of the money in the Cayman islands and tell the kids and the Troll that all the money is hidden away for their own good because it is not good to spoil your children or your husband. This is for their own good. Builds character. But if there were very very good and did everthing I said, they would get some kick ass presents at least once or twice a year.

What are three of your bad habits?

My dad said it best here

What are five places where you have lived?

Brooklyn, NY
Queens, NY
Washington, DC
Bethesda, MD
Atlanta, GA

What are five jobs you have had?

1. Producer
2. Lawyer
3. intern at the city morgue
4. Waitress
5. Editor

I'm changing Aerin's last question because I can't remember books I've actually finished lately because I haven't been really able to. I've started several and not finished any because I've been so busy. So instead I shall answer a different question.

What are my favorite lines from a movie? I shall list the lines. Let's see how many of you can name the movie it comes from:

1. "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

2. "Every time I put my line in the water I said a Hail Mary, and every time I said a Hail Mary I caught a fish."

3. "He has a wife, you know. You know what she's called? She's called... 'Incontinentia'... Incontinentia Buttocks"

4. "Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped."

5. "Our first bachelorette is a mentally abused shut-in from a kingdom far, far away. She likes sushi and hot-tubbing any time. Her hobbies include cooking and cleaning for her two evil sisters. Let's hear it for Cinderella!"

22 comments:

JaneyV said...

Ell- as always HA!HA!HA!HA!
I had start laundry on mine too - I didn't!
Yeay for the WIP rockin'on!
You'll need a shower after bathing in the cash - it's manky!
I think a big-ass diamond would be quite nice too. (I'm still waiting for mine 12 years later).
I love your favourite movie lines. Monty Python, The Princess Bride and Shrek.....The BEST! (I don't know the Hail Mary one!)

Please let Da Man back into bed. I'm getting backache thinking of him!;0)

Sarah Hina said...

That's great about the WIP, Ello! Keep going. :)

I think they should make chocolate Doritos.

The morgue job must have been...special. Especially with your nose.

Monty Python and The Princess Bride are such great movies. Good picks!

Precie said...

Dang...I've got 4 out of the 5 movies:

1) Monty Python and the Holy Grail
2) The Godfather II
3) this is the only one I can't quite get...I want to say Austin Powers...the first one.
4) The Princess Bride
5) Shrek

Anonymous said...

I only knew #4 & #5. Precie is amazing.

(I have never seen Monty & the Grail, can you believe it?)

Bwahahahahaha that your idea of being with nature is buying an Ansel Adams calendar!!!!

Thanks for playing. I promise not to meme you again this weekend. (*big innocent grin*)

WordVixen said...

Precie beat me, but I knew 1, 4, and 5 since they're three of my all time favorites. 2 sounded familiar, so I knew I'd seen it, but 3? I don't recognize at all, but now I have to know what it is so I can watch it!

Merry Monteleone said...

Aerin got me for this one, too, but I haven't posted mine yet... I think I'll add your movie trivia to the meme... cuz it's sooo fun.

Yay, on the wip... can I expect chapters soon? As I plead and beg and wheedle...

And when you find someone who makes that self folding dryer, possibly one that also deposits folded clothes into their appropriate rooms/drawers, let me know so I can clean out my own savings to buy one :-)

The Anti-Wife said...

I want the self folding dryer, the self vacuuming floors, the self dusting furniture and the self washing-drying-putting away dishes. Can you get to work on that?

robkroese said...

I'm going to go to your B&N and buy whatever book you're reading right then.

JaneyV said...

Ah - the Godfather II - I've never seen it the whole way through (I can sleep through anything!)
But I had The Holy Grail, Life of Brian, The Princess Bride and Shrek!

I meant to ask -What did you have to do in The Morgue?

Travis Erwin said...

Let the man up off the couch already! I gotta look out for my fellow fishermen.

Charles Gramlich said...

Since I'm old I've been doing the same thing for ten years. I can say I was teaching and there we have it. Lana has done the coke thing, although she doesn't drink diet.

hum, laundry doesn't bother me. But I don't fold real neatly.

Unknown said...

ROTFLMAO! You are soooo funny!
And I guess I will have to confess that not only could I not remember the last five books I read when I did this thing, but I also couldn't get any of the movie lines! Clearly age is addling my brain!

Mary Witzl said...

Ten years ago -- sigh. I was making more money than my husband.

I'm still wondering how you made it through that morgue job, Ello, and I agree with you about zoos. They make me cry, and the smell makes me swoon. I happen to believe that the animals suffer more than I do from it: their senses of smell are more acute than ours. Just imagine: it isn't just the cramped cages, the people staring and laughing, the obnoxious kids and their junk food and all the noise of the other animals -- oh God, I'm depressing myself again.

Stephen Parrish said...

Don't forget: anniversary tribute to Miss Snark on Pat Wood's Blog starting May 20th.

Melissa Amateis said...

#4 is from the best movie of ALL TIME. :)

Chris Eldin said...

Doritoes dipped in slightly melted vanilla ice cream. YUM!!!

Your snack list is serious. Have you thought about cutting back, so you can afford that diamond?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Just kidding!!
:-)

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

So no one got it all right but Precie and JAney both got most right and so covered them all!

The 3rd one is Life of Brian and if you say Holy Grailyou need to see Life of Brian. It is ridiculously funny!

And sleeping on the floor is better for Da Man's back! 6 straight days of sleeping on the floor now!!!! But my rugs are absolutely spotless!

Larramie said...

Love and admire your eclectic background, Ello. Fascinating!

Patti said...

#3: intern at city morgue

i bet they thought your poop/gas jokes were to die for. ~too far?~

PJD said...

Hey, don't be too hard on those students. HA HA, just kidding.

Couldn't place the Incontinentia Buttocks quote even though I love Life of Brian. Blessed are the Cheese Makers. I thought maybe the quote came from the Madeline Kahn sequence in History of the World Part 1, talking about the wife of Bigus Dickus. But I was wrong.

Maybe I'll get to work inventing the folding dryer. Like I need one more excuse to avoid working on my WIP. Sigh.

pacatrue said...

I keep meaning to say that you should post your amazing apple tart recipe.

J. L. Krueger said...

Ell,

Bummer that I saw this one too late. I got them all right, but now I can't prove it!

Pulling those quotes from those movies explains much. ;)